Author Topic: Where are XSL files to be stored?  (Read 746 times)

SMerrill8

• View Profile
Where are XSL files to be stored?
« on: June 23, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »
I would like to program an Oracle 11g stored procedure to mail-merge and transmit html e-mails to our clients.

However, the XSL code I have written is necessarily larger than 4000 characters so I think it must be stored in a file.

At my company, I am a Developer, not a DBA.  so I need to request of our DBA team to upload my XSL file to someplace on the server such that the stored procedure may see the file and use the content.

I will then try to find code on the web someplace which does the transform from XML to HTML.

This is a medium-volume mailing.

What do I tell my DBA team to do?
~ Shaun
Seattle Area

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Where are XSL files to be stored?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »
I don't know if this is of any help, but a quick google search found this:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E38689_01/pt853pbr0/eng/pt/tibr/task_DevelopingTransformsUsingOracleXSLMapper-0762e1.html

Also this page shows some info as well:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/bi.1111/e22254/design_xsl_sub.htm

14.4.1 Importing the Subtemplate

Enter the import command anywhere in the main template prior to the call template command as follows:

<?import:xdoxsl:///{path to subtemplate.xsb}?> 
where
path to subtemplate.xsb is the path to the subtemplate .xsb object in the catalog.

For example:

<?import:xdoxsl:///Executive/Financial Reports/mySubtemplate.xsb?> 

SMerrill8

• View Profile
Re: Where are XSL files to be stored?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:49:51 PM »
Thank you Mike - I already found those pages, but I don't have Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher or Oracle JDeveloper at my disposal.  I only have Oracle SQL Developer and Visual Studio 2010 with Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio (ODT) installed.

I'm looking for the simplest solution - hand-coded.
~ Shaun
Seattle Area