Author Topic: TSPITR with RMAN  (Read 6062 times)

swaram92

• View Profile
TSPITR with RMAN
« on: February 10, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
Hi experts, I am experimenting with TSPITR with Oracle 10g (10.2.0.4.0) on HP-UX.

Though I have been successful with the tablespace recovery, I am not comfortable with the Recovery instance tablespace being subject to the import.

Is it possible to control/terminate  the phase of the recovery where the export from Auxiliary instance happens?  I prefer to do the export/import manually.

Thanks

Ramesh Bala

swaram92

• View Profile
Re: TSPITR with RMAN
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »
Folks, since I got no response to my initial post, I am re-phrasing the question.

Our current strategy to recover a table (when its been mangled by a DBA,  batch or user), is to recover the RMAN backup pieces to an alternate machine (takes 4 hours for 160 G ).

Then we restore and recover the entire database to a  point-in-time (takes another 2.5 hours).

So by the time we are done exporting the table in question, its almost 7 hours!.

In this context I experimented with TSPITR and am quite comfortable with all parts of its working except where it imports the tablespace into the Recovery instance.

We can't rely on Flashback table since DDL change invalidates Flashback recovery

Please let me know if there is an alternate method to address my issue.

Thanks !