Romac Industries, Inc. is seeking an experienced IT Manager with strong Oracle expertise for its headquarters in Canyon Park/Bothell, WA. The IT Manager is responsible for all corporate information technology activities including systems analysis, programming, and computer auxiliary operations. Develops IT strategy, policies, procedures, technical standards, methods, and schedules for the Company. Oversees the strategic relationship between IT and other functions within the organization. Administers the Oracle Database and Oracle Applications for the organization.
Since 1969, Romac Industries, Inc. (www.romac.com) has been manufacturing superior pipe fittings and tools for the waterworks industry. Innovation is a tradition at Romac and Engineering is at the core of the company’s success. Since the first all stainless steel repair clamp, Romac has led the way in bringing the industry new and better products. Romac is a privately held family company with a large modern facility in Bothell, Washington that houses its corporate departments, including manufacturing. Romac also operates a foundry out of Sultan, Washington, a distribution facility in Texas, and a division in North Carolina that sells products to the HVAC industry (www.haysfluidcontrols.com).
The company has a dedicated workforce who are passionate about serving their customers. Romac offers an excellent work environment, a competitive compensation package, solid medical and dental benefits, a 401(k) program, and an opportunity to build a great career.
1. Sets the strategic direction for all information systems at both Romac Industries and Hays Fluid Controls.Plans and executes the effective use of computer resources. Determines future needs and keeps current with technology. Determines where best to allocate resources for maximum benefit.
2. Maintains all vendor contracts, support contracts and manages the upgrade process on both equipment and software. Hires outside contractors / consultants when necessary and manages their work.
3. Manages and mentors a team of 2-4 employees.
4. Responsible for all components in the technology stack including:
· Hardware selection and maintenance
· Outside Contractor selection and management
· Software selection and maintenance
· Network topology and maintenance
· In-house software development
5. Administers the Oracle Database:
· Prepares, tests, and implements database upgrades
· Troubleshoots and monitors Database on a daily basis
· Recovers the database when necessary
· Available at all times in case of severe Database or Application problems
· Writes custom reports on the Oracle Database using SQL, PL/SQL, XML Publisher, and Visual Basic for Applications
6. Administers the Oracle Applications:
· Responsible for users, security, menus, responsibilities, concurrent tasks, etc., along with underlying Oracle Database
· Prepares, tests, and implements patches as well as upgrades to the latest Application Server running Oracle Applications Release 12.1.3
· Provides Oracle Applications assistance to support approximately 200 users
· Manages the backup strategy for Oracle and Oracle Applications.
7. Clones the applications/database set to provide test and development instances as required by the user community.
8. Works with Oracle Support to solve issues (environment: Oracle 11.2.x, Applications 12.1.3, or current versions).
9. Prepares all outgoing documents (Invoices, PO’s, SOA’s etc. using XML Publisher and Oracle Reports); capable of making changes as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2. 10+ years of experience in an information technology role, includingexpertise in Oracle, Unix, PC, networking, and programming
3. 5+ years of experience in a management role
4. Fluent in SQL; able to create and modify Linux shell scripts to automate maintenance tasks
5. Has working knowledge of Oracle Applications Tables and their relationships enabling the creation of SQL statements to provide data requested by users or groups
6. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
7. Thorough understanding of networking, UNIX, Oracle, PC hardware, and software
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and salary requirements to: hrromac.com No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs.