Responsible for coordinating the operation of database for the Planning, Design and Construction business processes. Designs database tables, views and dictionaries. Performs aspects of database administration including: scheduling work, training staff, hardware and software evaluation and installation, logical and physical database design and implementation, structured testing of database designs, security administration, backup and recovery planning, performance and tuning, research and evaluation of new tools and techniques, and development of policies, standards, and procedures. Works closely with users, business process owners, the development and testing teams and supports the activities of principle engineers, developers and software testers for new application deployment and sustained engineering of existing applications. Participates with the implementation and support of development systems, QA systems, and production systems at data centers, including all network and systems- related infrastructure components. Integrates knowledge of business workflow within database functions.
- Writes database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary. Maintains hardware platforms to perform at optimum response, capacity planning, and implementation of new databases due to conversions.
- Controls access permissions and privileges.
- Creates table views, database procedures and sql queries as needed for data reporting.
- Provides technology analysis during process development and creation.
- Conducts system and database performance tuning, systems analysis, and resource consumption management as well as capacity planning.
- Manages and tests storage, archiving, backup, and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Works closely with Project Managers, Database Programmers, and Web Developers
- Collaborate closely with management, business process owners, various teams and systems to ensure successful implementation and support of business systems
- Plan and coordinate with management, business units, teams and vendors for activities tied to the business systems including requirements, design, implementation, enhancements, integration and maintenance
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve the goals of the organization with regards to other enterprise business systems
- Analyze and understand complex business problems, architecture and data flows, propose cost-effective solutions, identify ROI metrics consistent with business vision and direction
- Fully document the business systems including but not limited to: architecture diagrams, environment setup, standard policies and procedures, best practices, troubleshooting and all specific information related to ongoing support and maintenance of the systems
- Coordinate planning and executing acceptance testing, quality assurance testing, data migration, roll-out, documentation and training efforts, as needed
- Leads a task force to develop and implement a database that addresses current and future business needs. Maintains hardware platforms to perform at optimum response; maintains capacity planning and implements new databases due to conversions.
- Develops and implements complex data models and logical database designs. Oversees the design/tune, and maintains and supports database systems for high available, high-volume internet applications.
- Manages and tests backup and recovery plans and improves disaster recovery plans.
- Develops and implements plans to oversee the database administration function and ensures smooth transition to new technology. Provides recommendations on database technologies and features.
- Communicates and understands impact of database changes and status to affected parties and designs appropriate solutions. Provides updates in database technologies and trends.
- Develops database technology standards and associated documentation.
- Works with the network and security teams to ensure database adherence to security standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-11 years related experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and collaborative skills
- Business processes and systems
- Data analysis and quality control
- Oracle Forms and Reports
- Oracle Application Server
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Windows Server Operating System environment
- PL SQLqueries
- Comcast experience preferred.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
To apply please visit: http://www.comcast-jobs.com/all-jobs/Specialist-4-Database-Administration-Puyallup-WA/189439