Looking for qualified Oracle professionals to join your team? Looking to market your Oracle skill set?
Employers - Save time and money by gaining access to thousands of qualified Oracle professionals. The PSOUG Job Board allows for posting of full-time, contract and temp positions. Tap into thousands of Oracle Professionals seeking employment!
Candidates - It's simple to use and free to browse and build a profile. Spend a few minutes building your profile, and if you want, we'll notify you of positions that are potential matches. You have full control over the privacy of your profile.
Sr Database Administration Specialist (Puyallup, WA)
Posted by: Comcast Cable
Posted date: 2014-Feb-17
Responsible for coordinating the operation of several complex data base files. Under minimal supervision performs aspects of Database Administration including, hardware and software evaluation and installation, logical and physical database design and implementation, structured testing of database designs, security administration, backup and recovery planning, performance and tuning, research and evaluation of new tools and techniques, and development of policies, standards and procedures. Participates with the implementation and support of development systems, QA systems, and production systems at data centers, including all network and systems-related infrastructure components. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Communicates and understands impact of database changes to affected parties and makes recommendations, as appropriate. Maintains hardware platforms to perform at optimum response, capacity planning, and implementation of new databases due to conversions.
- Consults with Project Managers to design appropriate solutions. Assists the development teams with application schema designs and applies best practices.
- Commissions and installs new applications.
- Assists with leading a task force to develop and implement a database that addresses business needs. Advises on new database technologies, trends, and features.
- Develops, revises, and implements policies, standards, procedure,s and guidelines necessary to effectively administer the database environment.
- Develops, manages, and tests backup and recovery plans.
- Designs/tunes, maintains and supports database systems for highly available, high-volume internet applications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science