Select a Location
PSOUG Home Page
Oracle Code Library
mySQL Code Library
PHP Code Library
Oracle Terms & Definitions
Oracle Error Codes
Advanced Code Search
Get ordered list of near match items based on tag matches
- Returns an ordered list of n...
Grouping rows by frequency
- Handy little query that groups rows by frequency.
- Import a file from the command line.
Lead-In Sentence fragment...
- As a "preview" of text, this MySQL select will return the...
Make comma-separated list of strings
- Build a comma-separated list of strings in mySQL.
Move position of mySQL field
- Move field position while still retaining its content.
- Capitalizing in MySQL.
mySQL DUMP command
- Shows creating a mySQL dump from the SSH or Telnet command line.
MYSQL Select time from a date
- If you have a date field in mysql of format: 09/02/20...
Opposite of mysql_fetch_assoc
- The mysql_fetch_assoc "converts" a row from a table into...
Opposite of UNION
- This finds all rows in table1 with an id value that is not present ...
- Set up passwords from the mysql console.
Rebuild table indexes
- Rebuild indexes on a mySQL table.
REGEXP SELECT Example
- Example of a Regular Expression SELECT statement
- remove duplicates in one pass at the table
Replace a NULL with a given value.
- Replace a NULL with a given value.
Reset auto increment value
- This resets the AUTO-INCREMENT value for a given table.
Return text between delimiters in MySQL
- Returns the text between the specified delimit...
Search and Replace
- Very fast search and replace 1-liner.
Select based on a field that can have a NULL value
- This is an example of a SELECT stat...
Select distinct or unique entries
- This query will return only distinct (unique) entrie...
SELECT from multiple tables.
- SELECT from multiple mySQL tables.
Select maximum value
- Selects the maximum value of the column in the brackets.
Select minimum value
- Selects the minimum value of the field in the brackets.
Select or match a range of dates
- Match a range of dates in the 'games' table.
Select row number in MySQL
- Simple and straightforward: select the row number in mySQL.
SELECT within SELECT (SubSelect)
- Example of doing a SELECT within a SELECT (a subselect).
Sort comma separated string
- This User Defined Function sorts comma separated sub strin...
Update and Subtract single query
- Simple way to update and add (or subtract) a value to...
Update or convert DB field to uppercase
- Need to change a column's contents to uppercas...
© 2003 - 2023 psoug.org