Oracle PL/SQL Code Library
Find Or Post Oracle Jobs
Oracle Discussion & Chat
Oracle PL/SQL Category
Select a Location
PSOUG Home Page
Oracle Code Library
mySQL Code Library
PHP Code Library
Oracle Terms & Definitions
Oracle Error Codes
PSOUG Community Blogs
Oracle Jobs Board
Oracle User Group Directory
Free Oracle Magazines
Online Learning Center
Advanced Code Search
News and Events
To view the original pages (which were formerly called "
"), you can click
SELECT: Case insensitive search
- Prior to Oracle10g release 2, case insensitive queries...
SELECT: Get DISTINCT / UNIQUE values
- The UNIQUE command retrieves only unique data ent...
SELECT: Get UNIQUE / DISTINCT values
- The DISTINCT command retrieves only unique data e...
SELECT: Partition Select
- You can select rows from a single partition of a partitioned ...
SELECT: Scalar Select
- The scalar SELECT command retrieves columns and rows from a tabl...
SELECT: Select For Update
- The Select For Update statement allows you to lock the recor...
SELECT: Using Functions
- SELECT allows the use of functions within its scope, as shown ...
Selecting a Random Row
- Sometimes all you need is a random row. This will do it for you.
Self-join example and syntax
- A self-join is a way of joining a table to itself. Th...
Send email from Oracle
- With Oracle8i, you can send e-mail messages directly from PL/SQ...
Send email with attachments from PL/SQL
- Send e-mail messages and attachments directly ...
SEQUENCE: Autonumber into two tables
- Use a SEQUENCE autonumber and insert into two tables.
SEQUENCE: Create sequence demo
- A sequence is an object in Oracle that is used to gener...
SEQUENCE: Demo code and Examples
- In Oracle, you can create an autonumber field by usin...
SEQUENCE: Find sequence MAX value
- Here's how to find the MAX value in a sequence.
SEQUENCE: get sequence value into variable
- Oracle doesn't let you use sequences direct...
SEQUENCE: Reset a sequence to a predefined number
- A small PL/SQL procedure that resets...
Show active transactions
- Shows active (in progress) transactions.
Show all links
- This code will show all the links for a given database @c:\oracle\s...
Show all User Locks
- Does just what it says: shows all user locks on the system.
Show info on current context
- Reports information about your current database context (...
Show installed modules
- Shows the Oracle Application modules installed and the versions...
Show Nth highest value
- Select and display the Nth highest value from a table.
Show rollback segment stats
- Display the current rollback segment statistics.
Show Runtime in days and hours
- Displays database runtime in days and hours to SYS or S...
Shutdown on call
- Shutdown immediate call from service stop.
Simple DUAL examples
- DUAL is used for calculations that don't touch tables.
Spell out numbers to words
- This handy little script will spell out numbers to words. F...
SQL Code and SQL Erroor Messages
- Captures Oracle error codes and their associated messages.
- SQL*Loader is a bulk loader utility used for moving data from external file...
173 users online © 2009 psoug.org
Forgot your password?