Oracle PL/SQL Category
Select a Location
PSOUG Home Page
Oracle Code Library
mySQL Code Library
PHP Code Library
Oracle Terms & Definitions
Oracle Error Codes
Advanced Code Search
To view the original pages (which were formerly called "
"), you can click
- Returns the row ranked last using DENSE_RANK.
- The last_day function returns the last day of the month based on a d...
- Returns the last value in an ordered set of values. If the last value in th...
- LEAD provides access to a row at a given physical offset beyond that position.
LEFT JOIN example and syntax
- The LEFT JOIN (also called LEFT OUTER JOIN) keyword retur...
- The LIKE condition allows you to use wildcards in the where clause of a...
List all indexed columns for a given table
- Easy way to list all indexed columns for a ...
List analyzed tables with un-analyzed indexes
- Sometimes indexes are re-build for perfo...
List security related profile information
- List security related profile information.
List supported INIT.ORA parameters
- Lists all of the supported INIT.ORA parameters.
List tables with more than 'X' rows
- List only tables that have more than 'X' number of...
LOCKS: Table Locking
- The basic idea of locking is that when a user modifies data throu...
LOCKS: View Locked Objects
- List out all currently locked objects in the database.
Log database errors
- Logs all database errors to a table. NOTE: DBA or CREATE ANY T...
Logarithm to base
- Returns the log of a number for any base.
Lookup Oracle error messages
- Lookup Oracle error messages. Similar to unix "oerr" command.
- The lower function converts all letters in the specified string to lowe...
- A materialized view is a database object that contains the results o...
- Returns the maximum value by partition.
Measure the Buffer Cache Hit Ratio
- Note that hit ratio based tuning is not recommended.
- One of the most exciting new features addressing the needs for ETL is the SQL st...
- Returns the minimum value by partition.
- Returns the remainder of y/x.
- The months_between function returns the number of months betwe...
- Returns the natural log of a number.
Nested Loops: loop through tables
- This code demonstrates the use of cursors to loop th...
- Divides an ordered data set into a number of buckets indicated by expr and assig...
Number Functions: Absolute value
- Returns the positive value of a number.
Number Functions: Calculate ratio between X and Y columns
- This block calculates the ra...
Number Functions: CIEL
- Calculates the smallest integer not less than the argument.
© 2003 - 2023 psoug.org