Oracle PL/SQL Category
Select a Location
PSOUG Home Page
Oracle Code Library
mySQL Code Library
PHP Code Library
Oracle Terms & Definitions
Oracle Error Codes
Advanced Code Search
To view the original pages (which were formerly called "
"), you can click
FUNCTIONS: with output parameters
- This is a sample of a function that outputs a parameter.
FUNCTIONS: with parameters
- By passing parameters into a function, the parameters can b...
FUNCTIONS: without parameters
- Not all functions take parameters; some produce output w...
Generate ASCII table
- Generates the full ASCII table. Useful for reference or decoding,...
Generate Fibonaci series
- For math users: produce the numbers of the Fibonaci series.
Get table with named columns
- Used to obtain the table names which contain certain colu...
Grant ALL access to dds_dml_security
- Grants ALL Access To dds_dml_security.
- Some example of using the 'HAVING' clause with 'GROUP BY'.
- HEXTORAW converts char containing hexadecimal digits in the CHAR, VARCHAR2, N...
- Hints are used to give specific information that we know about our data and appl...
- Disregards the presence of NULL chars in the specified column.
- An example of using Oracle's IMPORT functionality.
- Examples of the use of IN in a SQL statement
- The IN function helps reduce the need to use multiple OR conditions.
- Specify UNUSABLE to mark the index or index partition(s) or index subpartitio...
INDEXES: Alter index
- Example of altering an index (rename, collect statistics, etc).
INDEXES: Alter Index Allocate Extent
- Use the ALTER INDEX statement to change or rebuil...
INDEXES: Alter Index Deallocate Unused
- Use the deallocate_unused_clause to explicitly ...
INDEXES: Alter Index Parallel
- Use the PARALLEL clause to change the default degree of ...
INDEXES: Analyze Index
- Analyze a table index and show distinct keys, average leaf bloc...
INDEXES: Bitmap Indexes
- In most cases bitmap indexes are considered to be most appropr...
INDEXES: Bitmap Join Indexes
- In a Bitmap Index, each distinct value for the specified ...
INDEXES: Block Dump
- It can be useful to see internal structure of Oracle datablocks th...
INDEXES: Compute Statistics
- When an index has no statistics, Oracle9i and earlier will...
INDEXES: DISABLE (function-based index)
- DISABLE is only applicable (valid) for
INDEXES: DROP index
- Dropping an index from a table.
INDEXES: ENABLE (function-based index)
- ENABLE applies only to a function-based index t...
INDEXES: Function-Based Index
- In Oracle, you can create function-based indexes as well...
INDEXES: Index Usage Notes
- Excellent explanation of index usage, originally posted by ...
INDEXES: Parallel Index
- Parallel index creation is often used when importing data ware...
© 2003 - 2023 psoug.org